Ruthie

Monday, January 29, 2007

Heaven Bound

In english this year I've been writing alot, whether it's poems, essays, or certain types of paragraphs. Here is a poem I wrote a while ago while waiting in the dentists office for my name to be called.

Through the mist and haze I wander,
Is this to be my fate? I ponder,
Shall this be my bitter end?
To the depths will I be sent?

I stumble through the muck and mire,
Reaching, climbing ever higher,
Will this nightmare ever cease?
Would its hateful grasp release?

I then came to river wide,
How should I reach the other side?
Water rushing past me yells,
A taunt, a dare, to ford its swell.

Wait, there, a bridge is standing near,
And look, another, two bridges here,
These bridges two are different though,
A closer look will variance show.


Wide, is one, and so it read,
On a sign above the bridge ahead,
Another bridge, yet not the same,
Straight and Narrow, is its name.

By bridge called Wide, old bottles lay,
Crying of lives left in decay,
People deceived by drugs and sin,
Filling awhile, then caving in.

The bridge named Straight, yes Straight might be,
But lives are saved, this now I see,
It’s less traveled, than neighbor Wide,
And speaks of life by Savior’s side.

The question is clear, Wide or Straight,
This life depends on the choice I make,
Wide, with riches, yet death and pain,
Or narrow, service, yet so much gain.

Stepping to the bridge called Straight,
I entered through the narrow gate,
I know now what I have to do,
Lord this, my heart, I give to you.

Living, serving, this my call,
To the Lord I give my all,
Then through the mist a great light shone,
I heard a voice, “Child, welcome home.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You got that straight Glo. Beautifully written Ruthie.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW.....thats about all I can say. I know you are an incredibly talented writer....but that is amazing. And guess what?!? You are my sister....I am so incredibly blessed, and proud. I love you heaps. Oh, and this is going on my wall.

One question....was the dentists office really that bad?

2:07 PM  
Blogger Ruthie said...

lol, nope, the dentist was pretty good, but we had to go to the dentist and it was the only time i had to sit down and write the poem.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home